Click on Photos to Enlarge…
September 16, 2014 3pm
Murphy – Melleri Chameleon
DOB – 1.27.11
Took In – 1.27.13
Death – 9.16.14 (9am)
Necropsy – 9.16.14 (3pm)
Age: 3.8 yrs. Old
* Never really gained much weight in 1.8yrs
Length: 23inches (head to tail tip)
SVL: 18inches (tongue to vent)
1. Foot Pad Lesions – (Left Rear & Right Front)
* Pox- Virus? Waiting to hear back…
2. Lesion inner thigh – (left rear leg)
* too proliferated of a lesion to be a scrape.
3. Fat Pads – Small
* Hemorrhagic on surface
* Injected blood vessels
* Lumen looks Normal
* Vascular Congestion
What can cause vascular congestion?
5. Liver – Normal
6. Gallbladder – Normal
7. Heart – Normal
8. Spleen – Normal
9. Stomach – Normal
* 4cc Reasonable per feeding
* Can hold 6cc- Max Stretched/not recommended
10. Intestine – Normal
11. Kidneys – Gout
* Died from Kidney Failure
* More than 80% of Kidney damaged
* Gout/White crystals on surface/uric acid crystals
What is Gout?
Uric Acid buildup. Once there, you can’t get rid of it.
Flair-up is the inflammation caused by the uric acid.
What can cause Gout?
3. Excess Protein
Can you tell/test how long this has been going on?
Would this show up in a blood test?
Yes, but Only if Kidneys were 80% or worse (Terminal Stages). Not helpful, since there is NO way to fix the problem at this point.
* When kidneys loose 80% of their function, they get sick and die.
* left hip area, 3 on mid – end of tail tip
* The hip abscess had gram + cocci occasionally when we took a sample the prior week.
Abscesses – work their way to the surface
Should you cut open and clean? Have to be careful if so.
Problems from doing so? You can extend into the Healthy tissue, causing to blow up more.
* Left rear
* Old Fracture/Fibrous tissue
* Whitish material/old infection/abscess
* Dont know if there are any active organisms or not.
How to test for organisms?
We sent a Full Set of Tissues in and are awaiting the Results. We will post this once in.